Friday, January 23, 2015

First blog about how im doing

Since this is my first blog I will give you some background about my diagnosis.........I was originally diagnosed bipolar type 2 10 years ago. I had attempted suicide after being diagnosed with post-partum depression after having my first child. Original diagnosis was October 25,2005. Spent a week in a psych hospital in Rockford, Illinois. Spent a week in a psych ward in Hagerstown, Maryland as well after another suicide attempt in May of 2009 as well. Im writing this blog a day after I was released from yet another psych ward here in Birmingham, Alabama.......stayed in there for 3 days for ideation.......that's what happens when you are severely depressed and have bipolar. As of today im taking medications to help control the symtoms of depression and also the bipolar symptoms. I almost lost everything during this last episode. Im seeking psychiatric help as we speak. Hope this blog helps other people battling bipolar as well. If you are dealing with bipolar just know you are not alone. There are places that can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment