Monday, January 26, 2015

Living with Bipolar Disorder

As promised here is the third installment of bipolar recovery and living with bipolar. So it has been 2 days since I blogged and I apologize about that but yesterday was hectic for me as I had 6 teeth extracted of 7 that were supposed to be. To catch you up on the high points of yesterday.........went very well. Had lunch with a friend that is very near and dear to my heart and then we went to the dental extraction clinic where I was worked on for 2 and a half hours. I honestly didnt mind the wait. I feel much better since the extractions to say the least. Fast forward to today........I went and volunteered at the church in which I help with the food bank monday and tuesday mornings. I love doing that. I feel as if I am giving back to the community by doing that. I am on day 7 of my bipolar medications and doing quite well on them (no bad side effects) unless you consider being the old medicayed me a side effect. I done some phone calls that I needed to do to ensure I don't "slip thru the cracks" again. Made sure my bases were covered with my new psychiatrist and also my general medicine doctor. Also called to see if I could speak to the manager of one place I know I could work at. In all honesty, if im working I don't have the time to dwell on the fact that I am bipolar. I want to get my life back on track and im taking the "reins" and steering my life back in the right direction this time. I have a very strong support system that all bipolar patients should have in their lives. They ask how I'm doing, they ask if I remembered to take my medications and they reassure me that if I need to talk they are there to listen. Thats one thing im grateful to them for. I have a very loving boyfriend in my life that understands what it means to be bipolar with multiple diagnoses as well as he is in the same boat as me. We have ALMOST the same diagnoses and thats rare that we understand each other's high and low points with this disorder. Not many times will you find that in couples. Most of the time one or the other has bipolar and the other doesn't. I also want to take the time to say if you are suffering from bipolar or major depression you are not alone. If you feel like you are at the end of your rope I encourage you to reach out to someone whether it be myself or a medical professional.  You are NOT alone in this battle. I hope this blog post has helped you and inspired you in some way. I must close for the nighr but remember...........I care for and pray for each and every one of my readers and followers. Good night and god bless. More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment