Thursday, January 29, 2015

The struggle is real

People all the time tell me "there's nothing wrong with you.......you're too outgoing to be bipolar". That my friend, is where you are wrong. Being bipolar doesn't have to show "outward" signs. Its a MENTAL illness meaning symptoms can hit you out of nowhere and leave you asking "what the hell just happened here?". If properly medicated and monitored like so many utterly REFUSE (myself in the past included) to do it can leave devastating and in some cases irreparable damage. I know I was unmedicated for 2 whole years without any problem and all of a sudden it struck me down like a hellbound runaway freight train. And im here to tell you.......it doesn't get much lower than that. Bipolar isn't a "catch all" to mental illnes and it damn sure ain't something that people should take lighthearted either. People with bipolar have every day problems that most people don't realize.......we may look like everyone else on the outside but we aren't.  Yes, I have the inner "demons" if you will that claw to get out but I don't let them. I know with my own experiences of being bipolar I have alot of joint pain and fatigue but also I try not to let it define me. I take my medications now religiously for the last week and a half and I have learned to do deep breathing if a situation becomes stressful for me. I still listen to my music and all of that but  I also use my coping skills as well. I know I'm not society's picture of "normal", I get that but I'm not out to please society.........that's a farce within its self anyway. I am put on this earth to help others and thru that to pass along information. Hopefully I fufill my life's purpose and do that. That's all I have for tonight's post.......peace and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment