Saturday, January 24, 2015

Medication management

Its day number 5 on my bipolar medications and no adverse side effects. Im thankful for that atleast. Medication management is very important for bipolar patients. Also it's very confusing if you have different times a day you have to take medications. My best suggestion for that would be to get a multi-compartment pill box and set an alarm for yourself on your phone or alarm clock or however you choose to be reminded. Most of us bipolar patients say it's too much trouble to keep up with our medications and that causes our relapse and lands us into the hospital and us being there for many days or sometimes weeks. As for my ritual of taking my meds is as follows........when I wake up in the mornings(usually around 630 or 7) I do my normal routine and then make something to eat so I can take my medications and then at noon I take my medications and then at night about 45 minutes before I go to bed I take my night doses of medication. It also helps for loved ones to remind you. They arent trying to be bossy but only looking out for you. Enough for today. Hope this post helps you. Talk more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment